February 5, 2013

Day 29: Happy Birthday Riley!

 Today is my little sister's 13th birthday! I cannot believe she is officially a teenager. I sent her an ecard and also bought a real card (which I seriously need to mail.. whoops), but her present will have to wait until I am back in the states.
My day was slightly better than yesterday. I feel slightly better, mostly I am just less disoriented/ dizzy. I am coughing a lot though and my throat BURNS. I had my internship meeting this morning with Alessandro and we talked about our experiences so far at the school. Then I had a break where I talked to Laura (Chiara wasn't here today), and Lindsay and Cella at the front desk for a while. I then went to the library and did some reading for a big paper I have due in a few weeks.
Today was my first day working in a history class. I met a new teacher, Lucia, who speaks very little English. I was with two other students, Katie and Jess. We answered the students questions and told them a little about our family background. They are studying immigration, so if I go next week, I will teach them about that.
I then went home and had lunch. Around 3 I took a nap, as I felt so drained from the day. I woke up again around 7 and then had dinner at 8. I had cheesy rice, cooked spinach and some sort of cheese puff pastry like bread. For dessert I had the same pastry from a few nights ago, which is hard like a shortbread cookie, but rolled like a crescent roll. It was filled with chocolate instead of cream tonight, which I preferred.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for not forgetting me on my birthday, even though you are half-way across the world.

    I am sorry that you are not enjoying it there as much as you wanted to, but things will get better. Soon, you'll be stuck right back in boring old Virginia, pleading to go back to Italy, so I would try to make the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That croissant sounds fabulous! I wish I could eat all of that amazing food with you! Miss you girl, and I hope you are feeling better soon so you don't have to feel guilty about missing classes anymore!
    Ps we just read your blog out loud like a story book :)

    ReplyDelete