February 4, 2013

Day 28: The Monday Blues

I woke up feeling even sicker than the day before. I couldn't stop coughing and ended up curled into a ball, tears streaming down my face. I decided that going to my morning class was not ideal. I woke up again around 10am chocking on my own spit (ew). I managed to sit up and breath again, but felt so awful. I forced myself to get out of bed and got dressed. I stumbled around the room and spent at least 5 minutes attempting to scoop peanut butter onto a piece of bread without much success. I then went to school. My walk was difficult to say the least. I was extremely dizzy and disoriented, so I fell off the sidewalk a few times (the sidewalks here are very narrow and slippery), but somehow got my self to school. Upon my arrival I talked to Chiara and she suggested I go see the doctor. I didn't listen (surprise, surprise) and instead sat through my Dante class. I got my paper back and Alessandro gave me some feedback to improve next time. I got a A=, which I'm not entirely sure what that means, but its an A of some sort, so that's good. I then went to our meeting room and sat in the back. I got my weekly schedule and meal allowance, and ate my lunch. Then Alessandro talked just to the interns about adding teaching in history classes. Then I took a 15 minute nap before Art History. I went to Luca after class and told him I wouldn't make it to our Architecture outing later in the day, then went home. Missing class is a little less bad here since the professors know us. They would rather the students get better and miss class than continue being ill. I, however, hate missing class and feel horrible about it. I went home anyways and fell asleep until a little before dinner, around 7:30.
For dinner Laura and her roommate (or friend) came over. We had pasta with cream sauce and cheese, cooked cabbage (I think) and breaded chicken.
After dinner I kept myself awake until about 10pm by doing some homework. Then I went back to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment