March 1, 2013

Day 53: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Mr. Pepper, Amanda's dad, came to visit for the weekend. He was on a business trip last week in Libya. We took him on a partial tour of the city. He likes high end shops, so we led him towards the shopping district to see all the designer stores. Then we stopped by the Palazzo Capponi so Amanda could show him where we go to school. We had Gusta pizza for lunch and then went to a new (well new to us) Gelatoria.

1 scoop dark chocolate, 1 scoop cookies
We went over the Ponte Vecchio and went to a market that sells leather goods. Then we went to the Piazza Signoria to see the Palazzo Vecchio. There were three horses in the square!
In the afternoon I chilled at my apartment. Amanda and her Dad went to his hotel.
An arm update: My hand continues to be of no use. I can barely bend my fingers, so picking things up is out of the question. Bending my wrist is painful, so I wear my wrist guard always. I also keep it in a homemade sling. The swelling has not gone down since the first day, so if that does not start to improve I will have to return to the doctor. It is difficult to do everything one handed, especially with only my non- dominant hand available to me. I have gotten used to it, but it is a daily struggle. Cutting food is the worst. I usually lay the fork in my right hand to semi- stabilize the food, then cut with my left hand. My thumb and pointer finger work ok, so this is doable in small amounts (with minor pain). Mostly I just get weird looks from the Italians.
My "sling"

My hand, a.k.a. Mr. Puffy (its about 3x the size of the left)
We went to a restaurant for dinner near the Duomo. I had ravioli stuffed with potato puree in sage butter.

Then we took Mr. Pepper back to his hotel. On the way back from there to our place, Amanda and I played at the park.

The video is just us goofing around. We are singing a song by an Israeli singer I'm currently obsessed with. Its called "One day" by Asaf Avidan:

Around 11:30 we went and got Mr. Pepper and took him with us to Uncle Jimmy's. We hung out there for a while, then Amanda and I left to go to a club, Twenty One. We had a lot of fun and didn't get home until about 4:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment