January 25, 2013

Day 18: Barcelona or Bust

I woke up at 3 am. That's right, 3 am! I got dressed, brushed my teeth and then left to meet my friends at the corner of a street near the Gucci store. We then walked a few blocks to the bus station and took an hour long bus ride to Pisa airport. Once at Pisa Airport, I got breakfast, a moccachino from a vending machine and a crispy, chocolate filled pastry. I waited for about 2 1/2 hours for the plane.





Finally, at 8 am I boarded the plane to Girona, about a 1 1/2 hour flight.


Once we landed, I had to take a bus to Barcelona, which was another hour of travel.


I arrived to my hostel a little before noon and locked my stuff in a locker. Janelle, who is friends with my friend Cella and studies in Rome met up with us (she stayed at the same hostel) and she, Cella, Amanda and I went on an adventure around the city.


Christopher Columbus statue

The Cathedral

We sat down at the harbor for about an hour
Ice cream- tasted like frozen Cool Whip


The hostel gave us cards to eat dinner at the Travel Bar free with the purchase of a drink. I ordered a sangria for 3,50 and got a plate of curry and rice for free. It was definitely worth it, the sangria was amazing and the food was good too.


No comments:

Post a Comment