April 5, 2013

Day 88: Permesso di Soggiorno

In the morning I had to go to the Immigration office to pick up the hard copy of my residency permit. I met the group and Alessandro at the train station at 7:30am then went to the office. We were all given numbers (F016 to F040) then had to wait around to be called. Its kinda like the DMV, so the letters designate what type of thing you need done (F must be residency) and then the numbers start at 000. After getting our numbers we had to wait on benches until the place opened (we were there maybe an hour before they started calling numbers) and then for them to get to our personal number. I was F037, so had to wait for 36 other Fs and about 50 various others to be called. I think I was done around 10:30am.

My number

My permit!

the back
the case for my id (I can't get the picture to turn.. I've tried a million times!)
Then Amanda and I walked towards home. We stopped at Astor around 10:45. It was early but we were starving! She ordered a chicken sandwich with fries and I had breakfast. I had 2 eggs over easy, 2 pancakes, and fresh fruit with a cappuccino. It was absolutely delightful!


No comments:

Post a Comment